Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I've been learning a little bit of Spanish. Mathilde speaks a combination of mostly Spanish with a little bit of French mixed in. One night she asked me "Como se dice 'insert word' en francais?" I didn't hear the word she said but I think it was ice cream because she was eating an ice cream cone.

Then yesterday morning I was eating some fried eggs and a banana on the terrace yesterday morning and she grabbed a banana and joined me. She was watching me eat and finally asked, "Pourquoi tu mange des huevos?" Why are you eating huevos? Then she told me she liked huevos and ended up eating the rest of my eggs. I also learned the word for banana in Spanish is platano.

This morning she was singing "Yo no tengo zapatos".

The Chileans like me now because I yelled at the mean "life guard" (read Troll) at the pool yesterday because he was yelling at Simon, who for once, did not deserve it. I don't know if I want to go there again - I need to find out which days he is not working. We are supposed to go to the lake again today but I have my HHS online class at 7pm and need to be online by 6:30pm so we'll see. Liliane doesn't like going to the lake because it's about 20 or 30 minutes of very curvy road.

Well, I am going to try to work a little before lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment